- How and where will the machine be utilized?
- Do you need a mobile, table, wall, or ceiling mounted system?
- What are your space constraints?
- Do you need storage space and/or surface area for supplies or a monitor?
- Do you prefer circle system, non-rebreathing, or both?
- What anesthetic drug do you wish to use (Sevoflurane, Isoflurane, or Both)?
- Do you prefer a funnel fill or key fill vaporizer?
- What vaporizer manifold will you require?
- What style vaporizer do you prefer?
- Do you have or need an oxygen manifold system?
- Will you use an oxygen concentrator?
- Will you use small E-Tanks on mobile systems?
- Will you use larger H-Tanks plumbed to the work area?
- Will you be using E-Tanks in addition to H-Tanks?
- Where will tanks be located and how will they connect to your oxygen piping?
- Will hard copper lines or soft oxygen hoses be utilized?
- Will you be utilizing wall outlets or ceiling hose drops? Lengths? Distances?
- Do you want quick connects or DISS screw together connections?
- Will you need surface-mount outlets or recessed outlets prior to drywall installation?
- Do you prefer volume ventilation, pressure ventilation, or both?
- What size patients will you be ventilating?
- What size bellows will you need?
- Will your patients be spontaneously breathing? / Do you even need a vent?
- Will your vent be mounted to the anesthesia machine or on its own roll stand?
- Where is the oxygen supply for the vent sourced?
WASTE GAS EVACUATION
- Will you be venting to the outdoors?
- Can you access an outside wall?
- Vacuumed or blown out of building?
- Will a charcoal filter system be used in lieu of venting to outdoors?
- How many stations will need to be evacuated?
- Will you need single stations or a clinic-wide system?
- Do you prefer wall-mounted or machine mounted scavengers?